Go to ...

THE TRUTH DENIED

RSS Feed

March 30, 2017

Bioengineered Pets! Genpets are real animals sold as dolls! Or are they?

At first glance, I was truly horrified!  A genetically modified pet,that looks like a doll?  I am so sick of GE foods and the large amount of animal cruelty that needs to just STOP. I am scared to even look at this site any further, but curiosity has got the better of me! Aren’t you at least a bit intrigued , at the same time sick to your stomach?

Come with me……….let’s check this out together right now.Here is what one of the Genpets look like, frightening, I mean  who would buy this for there kid may  I ask?

Brace yourself, here’s the pitch!

• Bioengineered Pet
  • Allergen Free
  • Child Safe
  • Low Maintenance
  • Never Before Seen Packaging

Not only is this so sad, it is down right creepy!!!  And look at the poor little things , alive, stuck in the plastic with their little life support system attached……are you getting ill yet? Is this making you livid?

And the nerve, they bio-engineered them to live for one year or three years…what has the world come to?

This is absurd, and how can this even be legal?

The website has a meet and greet that states:

Genpet™
The Only Bioengineered Buddy. Available in 7 different personality types.

Color Coding
Each personality type of the Genpets has been linked to its respective colour, and that color is then used as a base for each package.

Heart Monitor
Each package has a built in low cost heart monitor that is fully functional, with green LED lights and built in speaker.

Fresh Strip
Every single package includes an easy to use “fresh gauge”. Four simple blue LED lights display the status of the Genpet™. The display will also display if the Genpet™ has been sitting on the store shelf too long, or if the package circuitry has malfunctioned in some way.

These are real live pets and they are selling them like dolls? Is anyone else having a problem with this?The deeper you go into the website, the more horrific it gets, check out their resale package pdf. which states:

“Restraining the pets in their packaging ensures no damage during shipment, as well as that no other security precautions need be taken to ensure the pets stay in their packaging while on open store shelves.
The pets have been positioned for maximum viewing, allowing customers to see the pets fully with no need to remove them from the packages or to have display models.  This means less store space need be taken up by extra props and in-store displays.  Bio-Genica has listened to feedback received
from retailers, and responded.

Every single Genpet TM package comes embedded with an onboard 16f628a microchip that not only controls and monitors life functions, but also adds custom tracking abilities.”

But wait, do you dare look at the RESALE Catalog???

I did take a look and now I  am outraged !!! I am calling this company right now….I am not just going to watch this company blatantly sell bioengineered pet dolls that are some type of animal…enough!!!! What has the world come to ???

Okay, let’s do this, where is the phone number, we are doing this together , we are calling !!!

Dialing
ringing…
ringing…

….yes, Hello, my name is Roxy Lopez and I am with The Truth Denied Media………….”Okay thanks very much, I will, yes , thank you…………..

Oh wow, Genpets was developed to make the public aware of what may come…..clever! Notice when you go to the website, they have no prices? No way to actually order them?

“Is Genpets then a ‘hoax’ because it’s not real? One big fabrication, a lie to deceive and waste time? If it is, then so is almost every work of art ever created. The idea behind art, probably the most basic idea, is to create an illusion.

They have a point!  It worked for me, how about you??? Okay what else do they have to say???

‘Someone who paints a tree, unless they’ve posted a note beside the painting saying “this is not a tree” (“ce ne pas une pipe?”) would then be a ‘hoax’ for the same reason. It is the image of an object that does not exist. Again, like many works of creation be it a novel or film, the idea is to get the viewer thinking about the issues it brings up, but it requires a certain suspension of disbelief on the part of the viewer. It baffles me how many people are like “oh ha ha you got me”. The idea isn’t to ‘get you’…. it’s to help get you thinking about these issues, no matter what your opinion…. If I simply shout ‘It’s not real!’ on the main page, or throw my opinion in your face with a large artist statement all that is lost, and then there’s pretty much zero point to the entire website then. While I don’t personally ever want to see genpets become a reality, I really like that there’s such a strong dynamic in opinions. So many people want one and so many are aggressively against it.’

“…genetically engineered plants, seeds and animal tissue could all be patented. Today, agricultural crops are being modified and organisms with built-in obsolescence are being sold as commodities. Life itself is quickly becoming a processed commodity in the privatization of nature. Biological engineering by large companies, outside of nature has become a terrifying reality for my generation to contend with.
Many times, research and development follow funding (usually fuelled by commercial interests).
Genpets takes a step back to examine trends in the pet craze and ponder where a new technology like Biotech may take it. A critical step in Genpets is that it also echoes current states such as pet stores and factory farms.
It’s important to take a critical look at both sides of an issue before coming to any sort of conclusion. Bioengineering could lead to medical breakthroughs that save lives, but will it? Or will it be used in the same way we use the majority of technology in our lives?”

Genpets is 100% meant to illicit an emotional reaction but it’s up to you the viewer to decide what that reaction is. That’s why I’m more interested in writing an explanation like this then some heavy handed essay. I think that is where a lot of contemporary art fails.

I’ve written the Genpets website with a heavy dose of sarcasm, so while you can’t see “the canvas” (and people complain that it’s too ‘real’, simply reading the website should be enough to kick in that this isn’t real. But failing that, and the fact there’s no prices, there’s no out of package shots, and that science isn’t at this level yet, there’s this explanation you’re hopefully reading.’

http://www.genpets.com/features_specs.php  Check them out!!!

And now when you see Facebook people posting the GENPETS website, you can tell them what it is REALLY all about, and WHY!

SUB our You Tube Channel today!

SUB our You Tube Channel today!

Please follow and like us:

Tags: , , , , , , ,

34 Responses “Bioengineered Pets! Genpets are real animals sold as dolls! Or are they?”

1. Nona Me
    July 14, 2012 at 7:52 AM

Getting all out of whack over a hoax. Great use of time.

• July 14, 2012 at 5:39 PM

really, read on………the cause they have is amazing, clever and noble………not out of whack at all, which proves our point that folks do not READ.

Perhaps you should go back to our article, and read “the rest of the story”.

GMOs Kill.

• July 14, 2012 at 5:39 PM

2. July 14, 2012 at 8:28 AM

they are sick people here we are fighting animal abuse and neglect and the sickos are selling genpets,,,,,what have we allowed to happen ????
    there is so much abuse of power,riches,and complete disregard for anyone but themselves and their own needs and wants,,,,we need to truly wake up and stop this,,,,what next selling genbabies like cabbage patch kids

• July 14, 2012 at 5:40 PM

3. parpar
    July 14, 2012 at 12:04 PM

Calm down,they’re not real…yet.

• July 14, 2012 at 1:25 PM

Yes we know, guess you didn’t read the whole story……………..look at the last 3 paragraphs and the points we made………hee hee.

4. Izora Woods
    July 15, 2012 at 6:05 PM

Wow – the web site does have a credible look – at first glance – but they do look plastic with that fuzz type skin – yuck! I wonder who they are promoting the page to – target audience? How does their audience find them – how did you come across them?

5. Disgusted
    October 22, 2013 at 3:50 AM

Nice one, I saw a picture of theses freaks on fAcebook and checked
    Out the website. I read the entire site, downloaded the PDF and
    Was in complete disbelief. But hey who knows these days.
    Instead of making people feel outraged how about you do something
    Productive with your time and get a proper job. What a waste of f”$(:&g
    Time. Get a life!

• January 24, 2014 at 10:35 AM

Genpets is 100% meant to illicit an emotional reaction but it’s up to you the viewer/reader to decide what that reaction is. That’s why I’m more interested in writing an explanation like this then some heavy handed essay. I think that is where a lot of contemporary art fails.
      I’ve written the Genpets articlewith a heavy dose of sarcasm, so while you can’t see “the canvas” (and people complain that it’s too ‘real’, simply reading the website should be enough to kick in that this isn’t real. But failing that, and the fact there’s no prices, there’s no out of package shots, and that science isn’t at this level yet, there’s this explanation you’re hopefully reading.’

6. Lee
    October 22, 2013 at 10:25 AM

I love em

7. November 15, 2013 at 5:22 PM

I keep my genpets in the fridge, think they will last longer.

• Devries
      December 28, 2016 at 3:07 PM

They taste great too

8. Sammie
    December 17, 2013 at 1:16 PM

this is fucking nasty nd sooo very wrong!!!! i mean why do this to something? would u do it to ur kids? ur dog cats anything? NO so why them??? they did not ask to be made!!!

9. jordan
    January 20, 2014 at 12:50 PM

omg………how cruel.

10. lhd100
    January 22, 2014 at 10:49 PM

Are these real? I looked this up to see if there was anything about people who got these and what they’re like when they’re taken out the package ,typing that felt horrible. But I found nothing

11. March 10, 2014 at 5:59 PM

Some of the answers prove that we are becoming a “Headline” country. It’s good to see most at least read the first paragraph. That is why you cannot believe anything on the internet. You must go and research it before writing. This was a good job of jerking emotions because few read the whole article. Good article.

• March 11, 2014 at 12:12 PM

Thanks for reading through the article, thank GAWD! Yes there was so much more to it, glad to hear that you “got it!”. You give me hope! BRAVO!

12. Eithan Thomas
    March 31, 2014 at 9:35 AM

Couldn’t agree anymore brotha. First thought was discjst second always is this some sick way to see how the human pop. Reacts to such a thing. There is no doubt if these are real these “pets” went through so much pain and suffering during process. You can’t tell me that while bio engineering/genetically enginering. these genetically made “pets” didn’t get made perfectly and the company prob had to do a procces of elimination for perfection. Look at the SHEEP Gen. Test the sheep was made wasn’t fully capable and it died the next day or couple days. So how long did it take for the makers to get this thing capable and able to sustain life. Prob took them a while and they only got it to live for about a year or so.

13. Mary
    April 6, 2014 at 11:21 AM

You guys realize these are an art project….not a real thing!?! The artiest is Adam Brandejs…the website isn’t “real” and the photos aren’t either…we I mean they are real photos of art exhibits the Genopets are displayed at!!

• April 6, 2014 at 12:03 PM

The Truth Denied mentions this in the article……….the article is a great example of the fact that readers don’t read. It is a project for us as well. Thanks Mary!

14. Anna
    June 7, 2014 at 4:19 AM

Oh my gosh, i found these things through a website (not facebook) and i researched right away. cruel! I know it’s not real and i get that they’ve done it to evoke emotions/opions but i really think this is sick. what a waste of someone’s time. but it really had me believing they were real! but i did notice that none of the videos on youtube had ‘out of package shots’ and were all not in english. BUT SERIOUSLY, the packaging, website, information all looked so legitimate. i don’t know if i should be mildly impressed or down right terrified

• June 7, 2014 at 2:31 PM

Did you read the entire article Anna?

15. Vinpony
    October 18, 2014 at 8:21 PM

Really good article…i for one am a bit skeptical to the idea of bioengineered pets…though thew might be better than normal old fashioned pets they should at least be made smarter…i knew Genpets was…well not a hoax per se, but more of a cleverly thought lie…they do put you to think of the wonders we might be capable of and are doing nothing to advance in this….sorry getting out of topic, i was saying that they should at least (if they are actually made in the future) be made smarter than what is portrayed in their website, something on the lines of keeping the kids happy while also being able to warn the parents of the actions of their kids…Again really good article

• October 18, 2014 at 9:18 PM

Hello Jesus, Do you work for Verizon Wireless Puerto Rico, Inc.?

• Vinpony
        October 22, 2014 at 7:58 PM

No…why?

16. Coffeenut
    November 17, 2014 at 1:49 PM

When someone first sent me a pic of the “product” I was horrified and like you ready to read the riot act to someone…so I found the website, was more horrified…did a little research, found your summary (among other information) and I am truly impressed by the brilliance of it all. I am a strong anti-GMO advocate and this little snippet into the dangers of bioengineering and gene patenting is a great way to make a strong point…and make people remember that when they are looking at what’s on their dinner plate.

• November 17, 2014 at 2:08 PM

Thanks for the message….and good on you to discern the reason why we published this article to begin with! Thanks so much and we hope that you enjoy our tabloid, come back and visit anytime Coffeenut.

17. Soriku
    January 13, 2015 at 9:59 AM

Thanks god they aren’t real!
    At first i got really mad when i heard about it.who made this shit?!and why?!
    You’re truly right.there’s no price or any ways to order them!!and no out of package shots.
    Thanks for the great article <3

18. Izora Woods
    January 22, 2015 at 8:48 AM

The last few days this very thing has been on my mind. Last year I re-read Do Androids Dream of Electric Sheep? In the story animal life has been almost eliminated by war, pollution etc. so social status is determined by who can afford an real animal and those who cannot afford an animal keep a robot simulation. I remember some Nissan (?) tv ads where the family had a small white robotic dog in the car – so this is definitely meant to ‘replace’ animals. Last night on the news a story about robots being used to assist the elderly in terms of basic daily activities but also – as emotional support in the shape of a seal pup (hopefully with fake fur)

19. M
    January 30, 2015 at 1:25 AM

I am sooooo glad its not real!!!!! It would be totally immoral

20. Domslavic
    February 23, 2015 at 7:02 AM

am I the only one who thinks this is like the coolest thing ever?