Fracking fluid contaminates our water, fracked gas escapes into the atmosphere, and the breakneck pace of drilling for these low-quality wells wreak havoc on wildlife habitat and human communities alike.Please don’t let anyone tell you that it’s SAFE, because it is not.
Major concerns regarding Fracking are:
- Toxic drilling fluids and fracturing fluids, injected deep underground and then withdrawn, may contaminate underground aquifers and surface waters.
- Air emissions including volatile organic compounds (VOCs)threaten human health, especially of workers and residents of the immediate vicinity.
- Diesel pollution and noise pollution can be constant, as truck traffic is intensive and fracking continues 24-7.
- Stress factors affect the quality of life in communities where drilling occurs.
- Methane leaks accelerate climate change. Methane is 72 times more potent at capturing heat in the atmosphere than carbon dioxide over the first 20 years after release.
UPDATE 9-16-14 SURFACE and GROUNDWATER Contamination Associated with Fracking (Please download the study)
Guests: Mark Eddy, Doug Shields, Robin Mahonen & Erin Bowers
Topic : FRACKING Date of aired show: August 16, 2013
First of all we wish to let our listeners and readers know that both of the Greenhunter Water Solutions representatives backed out out of this interview a few hours before the live broadcast. Mr. Jack confirmed this interview 3 weeks ago, then backed out via an email to Mark Eddy politely declining. Note: Thanks to Doug Shields, we have sent word to Tom Linzy who is the executive director of the Community Environmental Defense to interview him on another date.
UPDATE 9-16-14 : To this day, those who have backed out of the interview have never contacted TTD again.
Josh Fox’s movie “The Sky is Pink?” also the maker of Gasland 1 & 2
The 2005 Halliburton Loophole
Frack water being dumped in the rivers that run through Pittsburgh & The Dangers
Elected officials ignoring health, welfare and safety of the people they represent
State laws trump local/municipal/ & county zoning laws
What are solutions for areas where fracking is either ongoing or being developed in your area?
Has Fracking ever been successfully banned?
Why are physicians being ‘gag ordered?
What is the WHEELING WATER WARRIORS organization doing to stop fraking?
Please see below for all contact information for our guests! Listen to the interview here now!
- Erin BowersErinbowers40@gmail.comWww.Facebook.com/reikierinWww.Facebook.com/ WheelingwaterwarriorsWww.greatohioriverrelay.com
- Mark Eddy email: firstname.lastname@example.org website: http://ancientsites.tk
- Doug Shields: email email@example.com
- Robin Mahonen email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Band’s website: www.uncleeddieandrobin.com
- FB: www.facebook.com/uncleeddieandrobin
- Website: http://greatohioriverrelay.com/
- Nelson Quarry website where she is performing: http://nlqp.com/Helpful sources of information on Fracking:Community Environmental defense fund (CELDF) http://www.celdf.org/about-usDangers of Fracking http://www.dangersoffracking.com/Chevron Oil talks about Shale FrackingHallowich children not part of Marcellus Shale gag order agreement
Settlement entered with gas drillers August 7, 2013 12:03 amAnti-Frackers Win – Chesapeake Gives Up New York Gas Leases
Fracking fluid contaminates our water, fracked gas escapes into the atmosphere, and the breakneck pace of drilling for these low-quality wells wreak havoc on wildlife habitat and human communities alike.
More at http://www.alternet.org/fracking/public-lands-are-under-assault-fracking?akid=10766.371255.7nfWmx&rd=1&src=newsletter878614&t=15
If you can fire off a social media blurb, tell your followers, et cetera, that will be deeply appreciated. Lastly, we hope you’re familiar with our reports that will also be of huge value to you: http://www.shale-bubble.org
Strange Byproduct Of Fracking Boom: Radioactive SocksMore at http://www.forbes.com/sites/jeffmcmahon/2013/07/24/strange-byproduct-of-fracking-boom-radioactive-socks/
Benzene and hexane are air toxics, which can cause cancer and other serious health effects.
More information: http://www.epa.gov/airquality/oilandgas/actions.html
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
August 5, 2013
EPA Screens More Than 66,000 Contaminated Sites for Renewable Energy PotentialMore information on the RE-Powering Mapper: http://www.epa.gov/renewableenergyland/rd_mapping_tool.htm
More information on the RE-Powering America’s Land Initiative: http://www.epa.gov/renewableenergyland
Chuck Wyrostok, Outreach Organizer, Sierra Club WV Chapter
Randi Gabbert, Intern, Sierra Club WV Chapter
Toll free 877 252 0257
THE SKY IS PINK : Watch the full documentary here:
An emergency short film from Josh Fox, the Oscar-nominated director of Gasland addressing the urgent crisis of drilling and fracking in New York state.Induced hydraulic fracturing or hydrofracking, commonly known as fracking, is a technique used to release petroleum, natural gas (including shale gas, tight gas and coal seam gas), or other substances for extraction.
Sources for readers: https://www.kirkusreviews.com/book-reviews/michelle-bamberger/the-real-cost-of-fracking/
- For more information about fracking:Please contact either my guests at the email addresses provided above, or email@example.com