The Interview that was cancelled. If this is not irony, I don’t know what is. ~TTD
Millions of movie goers are disappointed to hear the latest alleged North Korean hacking into Sony Pictures emails as well as reported death threats that ensued as a result of Sony’s latest controversial comedy that was to be released on December 25, 2014 called THE INTERVIEW. Sony executives shelved the movie yesterday claiming that the threats are real, and until they find the culprit of the cyber attacks, they will stand on the notion that it is in their best interest to further investigate the crimes.
SONY does not take too kindly to President Obama’s press release regarding “Sony caving in to terrorist threats.” Obama even stated that Sony should have come to him first, before they shelved the flick.
Obama said that ” pulling the film could set a dangerous precedent.”
He further stated “We cannot have a society in which some dictators someplace can start imposing censorship here in the United States, imagine what they (will) start doing once they see a documentary that they don’t like or news reports that they don’t like.”
Obama makes a good point, we cannot cave into the whims of terrorists, agreed. But Sony rejects the idea that they have done anything of the sort.
Sony Entertainment CEO Michael Lynton, flat out denied that the studio had “caved” by scrapping next week’s opening of “The Interview,” and fired back on Friday after President Obama said the studio had “made a mistake.”
Keep in mind that SONY PICTURES spent %44 million dollars on the movie (The Interview) and has upwards of $75 Million in future revenue losses for axing the film on Friday, but the company stands tall and has a plan moving forward..
“We have not given in. And we have not backed down. We have always had every desire to have the American public see this movie,” Lynton said.
“Free expression should never be suppressed by threats and extortion,” the studio says in new statement after being slammed by the President
But there is a slight problem. Lynton told CNN that Sony had “a number of options open to us and we have considered those and are considering them.”
But he also said that no “major video on demand distributor” has been “willing to distribute” the film. “We don’t have that direct interface with the American public, so we need to go through an intermediary to do that.”
That’s Hollywood’s jargon for “We don’t have an online distributor yet.” And this almost has nothing to do with hackers, Sony simply isn’t set up with this type of interface for the public.
Lynton closed with “It is still our hope that anyone who wants to see this movie will get the opportunity to do so.”
You have to wonder if this is some type of publicity stunt? And yes, you guessed it, Netflix is the obvious move for Sony.
The FBI has confirmed that North Korea was behind last month’s cyber-attack that caused a devastating breach of Sony’s data.
About Sony Picture’s movie ” THE INTERVIEW”
The Interview Official Trailer (2014) – James Franco, Seth Rogen, Sony Pictures Comedy HD
Talk-show host Dave Skylark and his producer, Aaron Rapoport, score an interview with Kim Jong-Un, dictator of North Korea. But when the CIA asks them to kill Kim,they become the least qualified men to ever assassinate. Staring Seth Rogan and James Franco.
2 thoughts on “Official Trailer for Sony’s “The Interview””
Hey – just thinking about this today – I saw it on the PPV on the TV – not even a month after – original official release – what happened? It was pulled then released with barely a fizzle?
USA Tries to pick a fight with North Korea over the movie THE INTERVIEW and Sony retaliated, False Flag not going there way?