Our Guest : Derwin Sherwood of The GIC
email : email@example.com
Derwin Sherwood’s Research:
“My name is Derwin Sherwood. I am an administrator for the global illumination council and have been working with them for four years. I have been a pagan for 12 years and a devout Gaian for 5 years. My goal these days is to tell the world about the wonders and magic of nature, the evil threatening it, and what we can do to help Mother Nature herself and the lives of our selves and our fellow beings on earth within the process of the ascension. “
Topics for the show today included:
Cleaning up the Earth
Respect for Mother Earth as a living Being
What it is like to be a Pagan in a modern culture
Derwin’s contribution to the GIC
Listen to the show here:
What did we discuss on the show today? Here are some interesting facts!
- How much trash do Americans throw away each year? http://thegoodhuman.com/2007/03/20/how-much-trash-gets-thrown-away-each/
- Aug 21, 2012 (Reuters) – Americans throw away nearly half their food every year, waste worth roughly $165 billion annually, according to a study released on Tuesday.”As a country, we’re essentially tossing every other piece of food that crosses our path. That’s money and precious resources down the drain,” said Dana Gunders, a scientist with the Natural Resources Defense Council’s food and agriculture program.The NRDC report said Americans discard 40 percent of the food supply every year, and the average American family of four ends up throwing away an equivalent of up to $2,275 annually in food. http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/08/21/food-waste-americans-throw-away-food-study_n_1819340.html
- Nuclear Topics: http://thegic.org/video/nuclear-israel-israel-rejects-un-atomic-inspection-fbi-papers-sug
- A group of environmental activists in northeast Texas say they have scaled 80-foot trees and are vowing to remain in an effort to block tree-clearing equipment that is making way for the controversial Keystone XL oil pipeline. On Monday the eight protesters held a banner reading, “You Shall Not Pass,” and said they will remain in the way until the controversial pipeline is stopped for good. The action is the latest in a series of protests by pipeline opponents who say the project will poison local communities and damage the climate through increased greenhouse gases. The Keystone XL pipeline would carry oil from the Alberta tar sands to Gulf Coast refineries. President Obama has delayed a final decision on the pipeline until after the November election.Read more: http://thegic.org/group/mindandexistenceenergy#ixzz2FSumyhSD
- About 110 million Americans live in areas with levels of air pollutants the federal government considers to be harmful.
- Americans dump 16 tons of sewage into their waters — every minute of every day.
- Americans throw away 25 billion Styrofoam coffee cups every year, and 2.5 million plastic beverage bottles every hour.
- Americans throw away about 40 billion soft drink cans and bottles every year. Placed end to end, they would reach to the moon and back nearly 20 times.
- Eighty-four percent of a typical household’s waste — including food scraps, yard waste, paper, cardboard, cans, and bottles — can be recycled.
- Using recycled paper for one print run of the Sunday edition of The New York Times would save 75,000 trees.
- America’s refrigerators use about 7 percent of the nation’s total electricity consumption–the output of about 25 large power plants.
- “Each year, the typical American family throws out 2,460 pounds of paper, 540 pounds of metals, 480 pounds of glass and 480 pounds of food scraps.” http://thegoodhuman.com/2007/03/20/how-much-trash-gets-thrown-away-each/
List of Famous Pagans:
About Derwin Sherwood
Background:” I am an administrator for the Global Illumination Council and have been working with them for four years. I’ve been a pagan for 12 years and a devout Gaian for 5 years. Now I guess I’m a blogging whistle blower……………..
Why do I care about what I care about? Because I worship Gaia. And it’s the right thing to do. Preservation for future generations, teaching my children right from wrong,
I’ve heard that paper pulp generally goes to news papers and then the rest is put into dunes at beaches and goes to nature filler when reconstructing resource ravaged areas,trash it and keep $.
Some towns are trashing the recycling opting out of paying to sort it, and keeping the money you pay for the service of recycling, which is thievery!
In Boone, NC where I lived for a decade, it is know that if you don’t know what to recycle, don’t. Unsorted recyclables goes to trash and if you put ne bad pizza box in with good card board, or past board with cardboard, or even dirty plastics, they throw away the entire lot rather than sort it. Old plastics don’t often become new plastic.
There are so many things that we can recycle things into. Glass and plastic and paper can all be reused as the same thing. But it rarely is. It’s a matter of time, purity, and cost. There are so many wonders of recycling that we don’t implement in our society while telling cities and towns “we can do this and this and that!!!”
Nuclear and oil vs. wind water and solar:
The people have spoken and they don’t want nuclear power. We want renewable resources! But the Illuminati wants to pollute the earth. Have you seen The Lorax or total recall? They want to charge for air!……………………….” ~Derwin Sherwood
“GAIA (mother Earth) desires peace, love, and fairness for all spreading the word/ protests of civil disobedience…” ~ Derwin Sherwood